Saturday, February 20, 2010

You've Got To Be Kidding

I'm at my wits end.

I have been trying to lose 10lbs for the past month. That's 30-60min of exercise every day, less than 2000 calories a day, on top of breastfeeding and losing unbelievable amounts of sleep.

I have not lost a single pound.

My pants fit me the same as they did a month ago (see: just barely). I want pasta and bread and cookies and to stop paying so much damn attention to every calorie I take in. I want to eat fast food.

The lack of sleep and the breastfeeding make it even harder because I'm starving, and craving food I can't have. I'm going to lose my mind.

Any suggestions, interwebz?

2 comments:

  1. Most people who breastfeed don't lose the last 10 or so lbs until after they stop. Your body holds onto the weight to insure that you'll have the fuel to provide milk for your child. Once you stop bfing it will come off. Go ahead and indulge a little, and don't worry about the weight. Your body needs extra calories right now so you can mantain your supply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melanie!
    I realized that I was over exerting myself and over-dieting and with everything else I'm going through, losing weight just has to fall off of my list of priorities.
    At least until I start weaning, that is.
    I have learned to indulge a little again recently...and man, it feels good to just stop being so hard on myself.

    ReplyDelete