Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Sleeping Situation

It doesn't matter how tired I am...my brain starts functioning at a rapid rate shortly after my son goes to sleep.

This is why it's 1am and I'm still awake, wishing I had people around to interact with.

I'm beyond exhausted. We're still up 2-5 times a night (usually only 3 times, which I'm grateful for). But if you add my insomnia to the mix, you get a big fat mess. I'm irritable, I'm forgetful, I can't focus and every day I pray for a nap. You know...one that lasts longer than 20-30 minutes.

So anyways....don't be surprised if I'm ever found face down on my living room floor. To be quite honest, I'm shocked I've made it this long with only a little bit of help. There is absolutely a reason that sleep is one of the things moms want the most.

Good thing The Boy is so damn awesome. At least I never have to wonder if it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment