Monday, April 12, 2010

Boring Mommy

My kid gets bored with me all the time.

Not because I'm boring, as you may or may not think....but because he's a freak of nature that must always be stimulated.

This means yours truly spends most days scrambling for new and amusing things to do. First thing in the morning, while enjoying my precious 'Snuggle-bug' time (see: me cuddling my kid's brains out until he's literally pushing me away), my mind is whirling with ideas of how to keep us both from being bored.

Now, I'm not a planner. In an ideal world, I would have plans lined up for each day of the week. This would eliminate my current method of texting people randomly, desperate for somewhere to go/something to do (which, in case you're wondering, is not exactly glamorous or overly effective). Problem is, when I do actually make plans, they end up being with people who find it all too easy to flake on me (you all know who you are). That's not to say I have bad friends....just ones with lifestyles completely different from mine.

I used to think it was sooooo much easier to just sit at home with the babe, because hell...his crib is here, his bouncer, his swing, all of his toys. But being in the same places for any extended period of time will make my son throw a fit. So...we're almost at five months now...what do we do? Is it time to start pulling out the big guns? Zoo? Aquarium? Sports events? Restaurants? I'm dying for summer weather, so swimming pools will be an option. I love taking him out to see friends and family, but I think I'm at the point where I need to extend my arsenal. Any ideas? Anyone?

3 comments:

  1. My son is the exact same way. I work full-time, but I try to do at least 1 new activity outside of home with him every week...it's good for both of us!

    I would say at this age, your son will likely be stimulated by anywhere you go outside of the house, so I would recommend you just go where ever is of interest to you. Even a walk will stimulate him with new sounds, sites, smells, etc. We live right next to a lake, so we have always enjoyed bringing my son there...there's always lots of kids, dogs, bikes, runners, ducks, geese, etc...lots to take in.

    You could also do an indoor swim class next month (I think most places start classes at 6 months).

    I would also recommend looking for a mom's group. It's a lot easier to find a common ground with strangers when you all have babies...at least you have 1 thing in common!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun introducing new activities!
    You're probably right about him being stimulated by anything new. He does seem to do well going on walks. It sounds like you're in a great area...and it really wouldn't be hard for me to take him to a park to see other people running around.
    Thanks for the advice. I'm such a wimp when it comes to meeting new people, maybe a mom's group would help me out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete